Friday, February 3, 2012

I learned something new...

Hi My Foody Friends!

Last weekend, we visited friends in Canajoharie, NY.  I must add, that besides "passing through" Canajoharie, I never actually said I'm visiting.  Of course, Canajoharie, or as locals call it, "Canjo" is where the Beechnut Factory is located. That is pretty much all I know about Canjo and the fact that Ed and Jessica live there! LOL. So, Ed and Jessica, I am sharing that little device I learned about when pouring the Dreaming Tree Cabernet Sauvignon, which by the way, is a must to try! You will love it.

Red Wine tastes it's best when we let it breathe.  This is where the wine opens up and releases tons of aromas and flavors you are looking for.  Decanting is one way to let your wine breathe, or aerate as some call it. Decanting usually takes longer as it sits.  Another device used, which I learned about last weekend, is a Vinturi.  The Vinturi offeres immediate aeration in a glass of wine. I'm talking instant aeration in the time it takes to pour a glass of wine! The Vinturi aerator is placed on top of the bottle, and the wine is poured through a screen and used as a filter.  As the wine flows through the Vinturi, it sucks air through the pinholes, stirring up the all the juices and flavors. By the time you are done pouring that glass of wine, the aeration process is finished!  Your result is a smooth, palate exploding glass of wine!

Rio Sabadicci is the inventor of this fine product.  He was a Scotch drinker and was not a wine lover.  He ponder the thought of why a friend of his, poured wine into a Decanter.  His friend replied, "the wine needs to breathe".  Mr. Sabadicci knew there had to be an easier and quicker way to have your wine "breathe."  And this my friends, is where the Vinturi all began!

So next time you visit Bed, Bath & Beyond, Macy's, Nordstrom or Crate & Barrel, pick a Vinturi up! You won't be disappointed! I wasn't.

Enjoy!

Donna Wright













1 comment: