Thursday, February 9, 2012

When enough is enough, but with food?

Hi Foody Friends!

I know everyone has said this term, at least once, or once a week, "I am going on a diet!"  I know I have said that many times!   I don't know how Chefs do it.  Is it because they are busy running around in a kitchen sweating and enjoying what they are doing so much, that eating the food, is probably the last thing on their mind???  No, they are going to eat that food because it's what they enjoy doing!  I'm not a Chef, I like to cook, occasionally I wish I was a Chef and act like I have my own show in my kitchen, but so what. We all do that too...LOL. But there comes a time when you say, "Enough is Enough."

We keep making excuses, "next week I will start", "I can't exercise when the kids are home", I will do right after they get on the bus.  That's me.  I sit and look at my treadmill everyday, why not unfold and hit start?  NO!  That's just ridiculous, I don't have time, I will start next week!  Well, today I have decided to start watching what I eat.  Try to cut back on the carbs and eat a little more healthier.  Maybe, even cut back on the wine.  We all know the calories that are in wine!!!!  I shared a photo on my Cooking page that my friend Jamie posted, It says, "I cook with wine and I sometime put it in my food."  That explains me to the fullest! Nothing like a glass of Pinot while you are making a scrumptious dinner.

I hate to diet. Dieting sucks! It's so time consuming and I hate it.  You can't enjoy life being afraid of what to eat or how many calories is in that!  Also, if you do eat something unhealthy or fattening, you are spending the entire next week working that off and making yourself crazy! That's just my opinion, which doesn't matter.  Who am I to say what everyone should do. You want to know what I believe in?  I believe being healthy and happy no matter what size you are.  If you are larger person, and you are healthy, toning, and enjoying life to your fullest, than good for you!  I'm not looking to be skinny.  I was never a skinny person.  I always had some meat on me.  I enjoy good food, great company and good glass of wine!  My problem is I need to tone up and get it together! I have my goal set, if I make it, I make it! Yay for me! If not, at least I'm heading in the right direction and there's always room for improvement.

So, next time you have a nice sizzling steak and a lovely bottle of Red, savor those flavors and enjoy life! I am.


Enjoy!

Donna Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment