Monday, February 27, 2012

Do you like wine? I love wine!

Hi Foody Friends!

Well, should I say "Hi Wine Friends."  I am a huge fan of wine.  I love wine, I have grown to say I can't live without wine.  What's the next best thing from food?  Wine!  You know what place I think is relaxing to me, and I may sound like a "wino" or crazy, a liquor store.  I can walk around a liquor store and check out wines for however long it takes to read each one! LOL.  I have never stayed that long, but I have been in there for some time just browsing and checking out different wines and labels.  Try it sometime! LOL Seriously I'm not crazy!

Anyways, I'm not a wine fanatic.  I love to drink it, but I don't know everything and anything about wine.  I went on a Wine Tour two years ago.  What a great time it was! I recommend to go on one if you haven't already.  We went on The Seneca Lake Wine Tour in Seneca, New York.  It was called "Deck the Halls" Wine Tour.  It was close to Christmas, actually November, at the beginning of the tour we received a wreathe and every winery we visited we received an ornament.  One of the wineries was The Hazlitt Winery, which is home to Red Cat.  I never had Red Cat until that weekend.  Everyone knows the Red Cat chant! To be honest, I didn't know it. I played it off real well, you would think I wrote it, the way I said it that day!  LOL.  Delicious wine but be careful with it!  *wink wink*

When I first met my husband, Chris, he opened my refrigerator and I had a big jug of Carlo Rossi White Zinfandel sitting on the shelf. I obviously wasn't much of a wine drinker then.  Carlo Rossi?  It's like drinking Chianti, you don't. And a jug? Really?  Barefoot is my favorite wine.  They have a Moscato, Riesling, Pinot, and many more.  Every one is better than the next. They just launched the Red Moscato. If you like a sweet wine, which is my favorite, you will love Red Moscato or even the original Moscato. You can't go wrong with Barefoot.  If you visit the website or Facebook page they have several recipes and marinades.  They all look delicious!

Cooking with wine is fabulous!  I think its such a great addition to your food, it gives such flavor and aroma.  Having a glass while you're cooking is also a treat itself! I do it all the time, its relaxing.  You kind of get into a zone, and you're taking your time and making a great meal all while sipping on a fabulous glass of wine.  It doesn't get any better than that.  Make it fun, loosen up and appreciate good wine and great food! It's a blessing in disguise.

Donna Wright

2 comments:

  1. I don't think it's crazy at all! It's sort of like your way to relax. At times, I do the same, believe it or not. I would go to one store and just look around without buying anything. It's not like there is a sign on the door that says you need to buy something once you enter their store, right? XP Anyways, wine truly is addictive, but in a good way. And it always intrigues me how it is being produced and which places have outstanding wine selection. Hm... This calls for a wine tasting tour! LOL!

    Corey Glenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your way of thinking Corey! LOL

    ReplyDelete